The World Archaeological Congress is calling for bids to host the Tenth World Archaeological Congress (WAC-10), due to be held in 2024 or 2025. WAC International Congresses are held every four years and WAC-7 and WAC-8 respectively attracted around 900 and 1,800 participants. The Congresses normally span five or six days with a middle day reserved for excursions. Congresses are open to both members and non-members.
There have been eight WAC Congresses so far:
- WAC-1 (Southampton, England, 1986).
- WAC-2 (Barquisimeto, Venezuela, 1990).
- WAC-3 (New Delhi, India, 1994).
- WAC-4 (Cape Town, South Africa, 1999).
- WAC-5 (Washington DC, USA, 2003).
- WAC-6 (Dublin, Ireland, 2008)
- WAC-7 (Dead Sea, Jordan, 2013)
- WAC-8 (Kyoto, Japan, 2016)
The ninth WAC Congress, WAC-9, will be held in Prague, Czech Republic in 2020 (http://worldarch.org/wac-9/).
Bids for WAC-10 will be presented to the WAC Assembly at WAC-9, which will be held in Prague, Czech Republic, between July 6 and 10, 2020. Guidance in preparing a bid can be found in the Bid Preparation Guidelines (wac_congress_bid_guidelines_2016).
Further information can be obtained from either the President of WAC, Koji Mizoguchi (email@example.com) or the Secretary of WAC, Ndukuyakhe Ndlovu (firstname.lastname@example.org).