Conference financial assistance Asian Academy for Heritage Management’s Asia Pacific Conference on Underwater Cultural Heritage
AUSTRALASIAN INSTITUTE FOR MARITIME ARCHAEOLOGY Inc
Guidelines for SEWPaC funding to support Pacific Islanders to attend inaugural Asia-Pacific Regional Conference on Underwater Cultural Heritage in Manila, Philippines:
· Eligible countries for this funding include Papua New Guinea, Federated States of Micronesia, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Fiji, Tuvalu, Tonga, Niue, Cook Islands, Samoa and Kiribati.
· Funding intended for individuals directly involved in underwater cultural heritage management/archaeology
· Presentation of research paper is not required, however preference will be given to applicants that have submitted an abstract
· Funds are to cover airfare to and from conference and a daily allowance for meals/airport transfers (*accommodation provided at Miramar Hotel & conference fees paid directly by AIMA)
· Successful applicants must make their own travel arrangements. Applicants must supply two economy class airfare quotes to the AIMA Executive. Funding will be provided by AIMA to cover the cost of the selected flight.
· AU$20 daily allowance for dinners, incidentals & transfer costs (i.e. taxi, bus) during the conference period (*breakfast complimentary at hotel, lunch provided with conference registration).
· AIMA Executive is to be notified if other monies are being provided through other sources (i.e. provided by employer, grants, etc.)
· If circumstances prevent attendance, any funds provided by AIMA will be returned by recipient within one month of the of conference end date.
· Recipients of funding must acknowledge provision of funds by SEWPaC and AIMA in presentation and publication (if applicable).
· Recipients must provide a brief report of their experience at the conference for inclusion in the AIMA Newsletter.
· Applicant must provide:
– Scan of passport (showing expiry date)
– Reference from employer stating that they support the application and why, and if they will also be providing any support through funding or otherwise
-Paper abstract (if applicable)
Application form and attachments must be submitted to AIMA Secretary Jason Raupp (Jason.Raupp@flinders.edu.au) by September 1, 2011.