The WAC Student Committee (WACSC) aims to provide representation for all student members within WAC, through which student participation in international academic debate and practice can be fostered and developed. The WACSC considers student participation to be important as it is an opportunity to network and share research interests with other student and professional members of WAC. The Student Committee seeks to achieve its aim by:
- Encouraging student membership from different regions around the world;
- Liaising between students and other WAC members at Congresses and other WAC events;
- Establishing a network of communication and debate amongst student members of WAC and the wider WAC community;
- Encouraging and organising student participation in academic events within and outside WAC;
- Advocating for financial support for students in relation to their participation in academic events organised by WAC.
Members of the WACSC are: Odunyemi Oluseyi Agbelusi (Nigeria and Qatar); Marian Bailey (Australia); Leandro Matthews Cascon (Brazil); Fatmeh Darawad (Jordan); Erin A. Hogg (Canada); José A. Mármol Martínez (Spain); Gonzalo Linares Matás (United Kingdom and Spain); Hannah Quaintance (USA); Courtney Singleton (USA); Nupur Tiwari (India).
Chair of WACSC: outgoing Kate Ellenberger (USA); incoming Courtney Singleton (USA)
Vice-Chair of WACSC: outgoing Jacqueline Matthews (Australia); incoming TBC
Student Representative to the WAC Executive: Jacqueline Matthews (Australia)
To contact the WACSC, write to:firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the WACSC, including its history, current activities and members please visit the Students page.